An aftermarket table saw fence not only increases your accuracy with the table saw but also improves safety. A fence system makes cuts straighter, faster and consistent, which should be an incentive to purchase one today.
The best table saw fence is the Vega PRO 40 Fence System that allows full adjustment for accuracy and can be installed in less than 20 minutes with basic tools.
Many of the standard table saw fence systems lack build quality and are simply not durable enough. This is the main reason why aftermarket upgrades have become so popular and are compatible with a range of applications.
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Aftermarket Table Saw Fence
- 2 Vega PRO 40 Table Saw Fence System
- 3 Vega U26 Table Saw Fence System
- 4 DELTA 36-T30 Fence and Rail System
- 5 Osborne EB-3 Table Saw Miter Gauge
- 6 Shop Fox W1410 Table Saw Fence
- 7 Aftermarket Table Saw Fence Buying Guide
- 8 Conclusion
Best Aftermarket Table Saw Fence
|Table Saw Fence||Length||Weight|
|Vega PRO 40||42 Inch||45.5 LBS|
|Vega U26||36 Inch||30.0 LBS|
|DELTA 36-T30 T2||30 Inch||29.9 LBS|
|Osborne EB-3||42 Inch||30.0 LBS|
|Shop Fox W1410||27 Inch||37.6 LBS|
If you have purchased a high quality table saw but are still using a standard fence system, you will never achieve the most from the table saw. Most aftermarket upgrades use a smooth straight piece of metal that simply lets you slide the material towards the saw blade without any friction for optimum accuracy.
The length of the table saw fence you require is dependent upon the size of the saw itself and the size of the woodworking projects you work with. The larger is more desirable but if you do not have the workspace, its not really ideal.
If you are looking at taking your woodworking to the next step, an aftermarket fence system upgrade is the way to do it. Below is a list of the best table saw fences that provide an increase in accuracy and safety.
Vega PRO 40 Table Saw Fence System
This Vega PRO 40 Table Saw Fence System has been crafted to accommodate several table saws without the need to do any modifications. With completely adaptable functions by use of an exclusive fence mounting system, this table saw fence system guarantees precision cuts every time you use it.
Unlike other table saw fences, the installation of this table saw fence system is very simple and should take only about fifteen minutes.
Features of the Vega PRO 40 Table Saw Fence System
The Vega PRO 40 Table Saw Fence System has several features that the user is going to appreciate, such as it being very versatile, easily fitted and adjustable. Some of the features of the Vega PRO 40 Table Saw Fence System are:
- It is heavy-duty and the needs of the determined woodworker have been taken into consideration when it was designed. Even though it is built tough it is still capable of affording the user with the even the most precise cuts. This table saw fence system has the aptitude to assist 10-inch to 12-inch saws that are handled during industrial procedures as well as for material that is much heavier. This saw fence dimensions are 40 inches rip to the right and 10 inches to the left.
- Easy and quick to install. This table saw fence system is made to accommodate the drills existing bolt holes; therefore, it does not require the drilling of any holes to prep the area. Also, the Vega Pro 40 Table Saw Fence System has a unique mounting system, which allows minimal exertion and effort to accomplish a precise fit.
- It has a micro-adjusting capability, which guarantees 100% exactness in cutting. With the ability to move the fence in any direction by use of a threaded rod to achieve exact measurements and cuts.
- When your table saw has an efficient accessory it is more probable that you will have a safer setup that is more industrious and suitable. Also, the use of a table saw jigs are ideal when someone needs a little direction and support in making complicated cuts.
Pros of the Vega PRO 40 Table Saw Fence System
- Easy to install and assemble
- Rapid lockdown and allows the most precision and accuracy in cutting
- Has an excellent scale with an easy to use rip width
- Super smooth fence glide
- Capability of going in any direction with just the push of a finger
- Micro-adjustment capabilities and locking mechanisms
- Built out of the heaviest-duty of material to ensure this table saw fence system offers its users many years of quality use
There is no denying that it is expensive but what you get is the best table saw fence you can buy. It is a heavy duty aftermarket fence system that is built to last and will certainly improve your woodworking jobs.Check it Out
Vega U26 Table Saw Fence System
The Vega U-26 is a highly rated table saw fence thanks to its accuracy and superior design. You won’t have any safety worries as you can lock it up tightly and because it is made from durable steel that can withstand a lot of wear and tear.
It can be easily assembled and connected to most table saws with an 8″ to 9″ mounting holes on each side of the blade. It locks parallel to the saw blade and has gauging scales that permit precise smaller modifications.
If you are looking for woodworking equipment that will give you peace of mind regarding its quality and precision, then look no further than the Vega U-26 Table Saw Fence System.
Features of the Vega U-26
The Vega U-26 Table Saw Fence is 36-inches long with a rip capability that is a complete 26 inches when positioning the bar to the right, when positioned to the left it has eight-inch rip ability.
It is also versatile in mounting and can be swiftly mounted to most table saws in fifteen minutes or less. It has a sturdy design that is guaranteed to yield precise results every time. Crafted from durable steel to ensure it will give you long lasting usage for several years ahead.
Pros and cons of the U-26 Table Saw Fence System
This saw fence is versatile and can be mounted using the readily obtainable mounting holes that currently exist on the table saws. With a concrete design, this saw fence system is guaranteed to provide you with a precise outcome every time you use it.
As good as the Vega U-26 Table Saw Fence System is there are a few negatives such as it does not support wing extensions but this may not be an issue for most people. If you cannot afford the Vega PRO 40, then the U-26 is the perfect alternative.Check it Out
DELTA 36-T30 Fence and Rail System
The Delta 36 T30T3-30″ T-square Fence and Rail System will give you the ease you are looking for in cutting applications. This fence and rail system comes complete with a fence, steel guide tub and scale, front and rear rail support and all the hardware ready for mounting the fence system.
Features of the Delta 36-T30T3
- Has a tubular rail that is one piece
- The mounting plan can connect to Delta table saw models such as the Contractor Saw, Hybrid Saw, and Unisaw
- For continuous usage this fence and rail system has extruded aluminum faces that are attached to steel tubing
- For assurance that the fence and blade are parallel with a precision that is 1/64th of an inch (0.4 mm) there is a three-point locking system with twin hairline pointers
- Square and level fence are meticulousness for fine-tuning
- Its steel tube fence body is easy gliding and capable of handling quick, accurate ripping, and cuts that are square
- In order to permit fence connections, it firmly fastens to the front tube and clasps over the rear rail
- This fence is removable and can be situated on whichever side of the blade you prefer, to provide a reliable capacity for ripping on both left and right tilt saws
- There is tape positioned on the RH and LH sides of the blade
Pros and Cons of the Delta Fence and Rail System
- Heavy duty
- Sound welding can be reinforced to any joints that might be under pressure
- It has a firm surface grip
- This fence system can work well when aligning projects
- It is versatile enough to fit a variety of saw blades
- Can amend the pre-drilled holes to fit your saw table perfectly
- Positioning scale on the guide tube that can be read simply
- Very high ripping capability
- This fence system is also portable
A negative feature for this saw fence system is that the pre-drilled holes probably will not align with the holes in your table, as the Vega U-26 model does, for this reason, this model takes a “runner-up” position in the saw fence system contest.
Another negative is that the handle is made of plastic, which may not seem important to some but having a plastic handle doesn’t appear to be very fit for such otherwise quality made product.
However, you will be amazed by the sturdiness and durability of this saw fence system once you are finished drilling new holes and getting it installed for use. Overall, it is the best cheap aftermarket saw fence system as it doesn’t include the premium costs associated with the Vega alternatives but retains the build quality.Check it Out
Osborne EB-3 Table Saw Miter Gauge
First, we need to discuss what a miter gauge is and what it does before we go into the specifics of the Osborne EB-3 Table Saw Fence system. A miter gauge is a device with a calibrated protractor, which permits the woodworker to cut wood at any desired angle they need to cut it. With the half-moon element, the woodworker is enabled to cut angles anywhere from 45 degrees to -45 degrees.
A unique selling point of the Osborne EB-3 Table Saw Miter Gauge is that it does not have a protractor plate. As an alternative, it uses a triangular sort of device that holds the piece you are working on at an angle and provides a steady hold on it.
The triangular design of this fence system gives it a sturdy support from one end to the other. The Osborne EB-3 Table Saw Miter Gauge with Triangular Stability and Telescoping Fence just as the name promises has a telescoping extension can support material out to forty-two inches.
This telescoping fence is possibly the safest, most precise, and wisest aftermarket saw gauge ever recognized. As an alternative for the typical “protractor-type” gauge, the Osborne has created the triangular version.
This table saw miter gauge is guaranteed to have “rock-solid” precision accuracy within 1/30th of a degree immediately when it is taken out of its box. There will be no need to ever attach another fence to this miter gauge or have any concerns about it becoming distorted in any way.
You will always get clean and smooth crosscuts that are precise every time without any annoyance, and even a beginner can operate the Osborne EB-3. This miter gauge is an ingenious system, with the telescoping device your long boards can be fed smoothly into the blades.
Features of the Osborne EB-3 Table Saw Fence
- 3 adjustable expanding slots that push the sides out so there is not any excess play on any sides of the saw.
- For every 5 and 22.5 degrees, there are twenty positive stops; with a factory calibration of .003 precision of six inches.
- It has a lifetime warranty
- Can be switched simply from the left to right of the blade;
- ¾ guide bar
- Transposable flip stop.
Pros of the Osborne EB-3
- Has an easy setup
- Acceptably fits into standard sized miter slots
- Permits replicated cuts to be made in a rapid fashion
- Has the ability to manage long work pieces
However, there is a slightly negative aspect of this telescoping fence of the Osborne EB-3 and that is at the 45-degree angle it is a full degree off. With some work, it can be manipulated to work correctly but it isn’t perfect. However, overall it is one of the best aftermarket table saw fences you can buy at a reasonable price.Check it Out
Shop Fox W1410 Table Saw Fence
The Shop Fox W1410 Fence is rated as one of the strongest fence systems. It comes with standard rails and has been created to lock on each end at the same time to allow the user a complete firmness in order to give a steady, precise result.
It has ball-bearing guides which make moving this saw fence system probably with just one finger and is extremely versatile and can be used with almost all saw brands.
Features of the Shop Fox W1410 Fence
- Can use any saw that has a table at least 27 inches long
- Ball bearing guides makes moving the fence system easier
- Fine positioning bulbs on either side
- Locks on each side and blades alignment
Pros of the Shop Fox W1410 Fence with Standard Rails
- Completely versatile, can be used with almost all saw brands
- 27 inches long and can be used for most standard word-working tasks
- Precise through a roller tracking system
- Fence and blade are completely aligned and may not need the locking system
- Made of anodized aluminum, heavy duty constructed
- Has the option to make fine tuning adjustments, if needed
- Easy to assemble, with instructions that are easy to follow
- Has micro-adjustable knobs which are found at either end of the fence system
Though this fence system is nearly perfect, there are a few negatives such as the small 27 inches in length and you would not be able to adjust the rails on the fence to accommodate it.
To use this fence system, it requires a 27-inch table that has two flat corresponding rails on either side to attach it to in order to get the best efficiency out of it.
Overall, it is a cheap table saw fence system that comes with standard rails and will be an improvement on the majority of wooden fences that are often handmade.Check it Out
Aftermarket Table Saw Fence Buying Guide
Having a quality table saw fence can make a big difference in the quality and appearance of your woodworking projects. With the right table saw fence you can go from projects that look like your kid helped you out to look like a professional carpenter did the job.
There are a few questions you need to ask yourself before taking the final step and making the purchase. If you had to you could do without the table saw fence, however, lumber is expensive and having a quality table saw fence means that you will have quality cuts and not waste the lumber. The table saw fence literally pays for itself.
Upgrading to an Aftermarket Fence
It is critical that the new fence you purchase can be aligned with an exact parallel to the blade on your saw, and can be locked in place. You want to ensure that the new fence you purchase will be easy to adjust and maintain a stable hold on the lumber as you make your cuts.
When you are checking out the fence make sure it allows you to go right next to the blade up and over the far side of it and back again.
You will also need to make sure that the next saw fence you purchase is going to provide you with the same or better accuracy as your previous saw fence did. Is there a built-in scale? Do you know what size the units are? The smaller they are, the more precision you will receive from the fence.
You will need to make sure the rip capacity is going to suit your needs; some think that a 30-inch rip capacity is great until they realize that the standard door from is from 18 to 36-inches wide. Do you do a lot of large projects? If so, you are going to want a fence with a larger rip capacity.
Amount of Woodworking
Do you do a lot of woodworking? If so, then you might want to choose an electric model of saw fence. The electric model saw fences are more useful if you are in need of doing accurate work. The electric models can easily switch between the different needed measurements without you having to do too much mental work.
Another thing to keep in mind when choosing a table saw fence is to ensure it has the capability to add other jigs and attachments to it. Just because you don’t need these accessories now, does not mean that you won’t need them in the future. You may expand on the jobs you do and need more accessories; so purchasing a saw fence that can accommodate these accessories now is a good idea.
Be sure to purchase a brand of table saw fence that is reputable and known to have a good warranty and return policy. Not that anything is going to go wrong with your table saw fence, but just in case, you must be prepared for the worse case scenario.
All of the five table saw fences mentioned below have fantastic abilities and traits that the serious woodworker is going to love. All are good brands and quality made and will give you a lot of years of quality work. Just ensure that when you make the final decision you take some of the considerations mentioned into thought because you are about to make a major purchase and you don’t want to throw away a lot of money on a product that is not going to be satisfying for very long.
When you are in the woodworking business, whether it is professional, or just a hobby, it is essential to have a good saw fence system. If you have a quality rip fence for your saw, it will enable you to make long smooth cuts across the entire board, as well as make replicative cuts that require the same dimensions. Having a high-quality saw fence system makes all the difference between finishing a project that is substandard and having a project that is something you can be proud of.
The type of saw fence system you will need depends on the size of woodworking jobs you do. Are you professional that owns a large shop and has an assembly line of work that needs to be completed? Or is woodwork your hobby and you work out of your own small workshop/garage? You are going to need to purchase the rip fence that can accommodate your wood crafting needs.
Any one of the saw fences above can be accommodating to either a professional or hobbyist. However, you need to understand that it is the rip capacity that makes the difference. There are 2 rip capacities, the 30, or 50 inch – the 30-inch rip capacity is good for most amateur woodworkers.
The 30-inch rip capacity fences aren’t as costly and don’t need a lot of space to install them. Professionals, on the other hand, usually will want the 50-inch rip capacity because it can handle the large cutting jobs required in a woodworking business.
If you have space though, get a 50-inch rip capacity fence system because it will make your table saw much more advantageous should you chose to upgrade your equipment in the future.
The final decision should be based on the size of your workspace. If you have enough area, opt for the larger rip capacity when purchasing a saw fence system. However, if space is limited the 30-inch rip capacity will do the job just as well and give you pleasing results.